Thursday, February 7, 2008

Well, I have spoken with Kate King at the Midwest Writing Center and we are meeting this Sunday to discuss the project. I mailed a letter to the director of the Davenport Public Library about being a drop-off point for submissions and about being a potential display location of final works. I am involved in a dialogue with John Turner and Ruth Ann Gallagher at Scott Community College, whose advice and service as judges is greatly appreciated. Jennifer Nesahkluah, a student at Scott is also a participant in the Humility of Mary Housing program that provides housing and life coaching and other support for homeless single parents. She has agreed to help distribute flyers through this program. I am hoping the Quad City Times will agree to donate the printing for the magazine. I am also working on the magazine cover art.

Thanks for your support of the Poetry Street Project!

No comments: