Sunday, February 24, 2008

Gaining Momentum

This week, I submitted our proposal to the Quad City Times for consideration. If all goes well, the QCT will be printing our little magazine. I have had the cover art/logo made into a .jpg so we will be able to finish the flyers and submission forms this week in time for the scheduled March 1st distribution.

LaWanda Roudebush, the director of the Davenport Public Library called and is working on the final approval for the library to serve as a drop-off point. I applied for some funding through Western Illinois University to cover printing costs for the flyers and submission forms, and other miscellaneous expenses.

I also met with both John Turner and Ruth Ann Gallagher at Scott Community, who have agreed to be judges for the submissions. Ruth Ann also gave me some contact names for one of the shelters and the Career Assistance Center about distributing flyers.

Later this week, I hope to contact the folks at various homeless shelters and feeding locations about posting the flyers and distributing submission forms. I also need to write a press release—Kate King promised to send me her latest media list.

Every day, we move a little closer, and things are beginning to get exciting!

No comments: