Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Moving along....

I met with Kate King of the Midwest Writing Center on Sunday morning and received her enthusiastic approval and support of the Poetry Street Project. The Midwest Writing Center will serve as a drop off point for submissions, and one lucky contributor will receive a free year's membership to the Midwest Writing Center. Kate also mentioned that she could make three computers available to any participants who wish to type up their submissions. She also agreed to send me her latest media list, so I could send a press release announcing the Project.

The Midwest Writing Center will also host our launch party in the conference room on the second floor of Bucktown Center for the Arts. Kate has also agreed to be one of our judges.

I met today with Ruth Ann Gallagher at Scott Community College, who also expressed excitement at the Project. She suggested that I contact Peggy Quilty at John Lewis, as well as Peg Garrison at the Career Assistance Center. In fact, Ruth Ann was so excited, she called Peg herself while I was there and left her a message.

I've also written the Welcome Letter for the inside front page of the final magazine, but you'll have to wait until publication to read it.

No comments: