Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Second Issue in Works

Now that I am home again full-time, I can turn my energy toward producing the second issue of the Poetry Street Project. My time spent at the Humility of Mary Shelter yielded a number of lovely submissions. Our Royal Neighbors Chapter (20039)recently completed a fund-raiser selling flower bulbs and we hope to go to press sometime in June.

We did not get the grant from the Iowa Arts Council, but did receive some encouraging words and an opportunity to improve our application and try again when funds are available. Maybe next time, eh?

We are still accepting illustrations, sketches and photographs. These can be turned in at the Davenport Public Library, the Midwest Writing Center or the Humility of Mary Shelter, or sent to me via email at cattfoy@earthlink.net.

We welcome any donations to help cover printing and production costs!

No comments: