Sunday, June 22, 2008

Exciting News!

Yesterday, I discovered that by forming a chapter of Royal Neighbors of America that the chapter can then receive seed money to support any community service project the members deem fit, including the Poetry Street Project. I was able, at the conference and trade show of the American Association of University Women, to meet with Vickie Sedam and find all the needed members to form a new chapter! This means that soon (once the paperwork is all processed), our chapter will have $500 to consider contributing to the publishing of the first issue. Of course, I will still be seeking other funding and/or in-kind donations, but when all is said and done, we will at least be able to produce enough copies to jump start the project's next issue and to apply for grants and funding from other sources.

I was able to get the final image made into a .jpg and the entire issue is ready to go to the printer as soon as I can find the time to make that happen. In the meantime, I am staying busy with three other things: I am teaching high school English at the Outreach Program at Black Hawk College for the summer session; I am acting as a Change Agent for the ServiceNation campaign (http://www.servicenation.org); and I am the new president of the Royal Neighbors of America Davenport Chapter #(???).

No comments: