Sunday, March 9, 2008

Getting the Flyers Out

This week, I met with Kate King at the Midwest Writing Center and dropped off the flyers and submission forms for her. I also met with Julie Williams at Humility of Mary Housing and provided her with materials, also. Humility of Mary Housing has several locations of housing for homeless single parents. I also dropped off the first (incorrect) flyer at the Davenport Public Library, and will be getting them replacement flyers and forms tomorrow.

Today, I went down to Father Conray's Vineyard of Hope for their Sunday lunch and spoke with Sister Ludmilla, who allowed me to leave some submission forms and who posted a flyer for the Poetry Street Project.

This afternoon, I sent an email to Kate Ridge of John Lewis Community Services, which also has several locations for housing homeless men, homeless women, and homeless teens, as well as a feeding location called the Cafe on Vine--a very nice, restaurant-like setting. John Lewis has always struck me as working hard to convey some dignity to its clients, as does Humility of Mary Housing.

Tomorrow I hope to go to the Salvation Army feeding location and post a flyer and hand out or leave some submission forms. I also need to write and get a press release out as soon as possible--Kate King at Midwest Writing Center has offered to share her media list with me, and I expect to receive it in the next couple of days. At the very least, I need to get press releases to both the Quad City Times and the River Cities Reader.

If anyone reading this blog would like a copy of the flyer or the submission form, please email me at cattfoy@earthlink.net, or give me a call at 563-323-0481 and I will arrange to get one to you.

No comments: